LOCATION: Reston, VA
CLEARANCE: Position requires a TS/SCI clearance.
Perform daily checks to ensure the databases are up / running without issues. Detect issues and take corrective measures when problems are detected.Generated policy and procedures used in patching of the databases. Provide data analysis leading to corrections of errors in data submitted to the system. Sprint and document the full context of a user story as a testable user story in Jira. Interface with program leads and customers on the status of the project, identify risks and issues, provide a level of effort for new requests and general PM skills as needed. Ability to present technical solutions to leadership, including requirements and design. Strong understanding of software methodologies and hitecture.
- Oracle (11g and 12c), Oracle Cloud Control 13c, RMAN, ASM, Active Data Guard, Upgrade/Patching Oracle databases
- MarkLogic, XQuery, Upgrading MarkLogic instances, Cluster Management, Troubleshooting
- MySql administration (Installation, Configuration, Backups, Security Hardening, Troubleshooting)
- Elastic Search (Installation, Configuration, Backups, Security Hardening, Troubleshooting)
- Knowledge of Linux (CentOS)
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its implications on Databases
- Ability to work in large complex customer environment with 1 week a month On-Call duty