The DevOps Engineer will work across multiple teams to develop and enhance the automated deployment and maintenance of systems. This position requires in-depth hands-on experience supporting development team environments where customer focus, cooperation, communication, and continual best practice improvements are the norm. The candidate will provide technical guidance in devops techniques, create best practices, and support the automation of system deployments and maintenance. Development is iterative using scrum techniques with inputs from multiple stakeholders including other software development teams, the Project Managers, and Technical Director. The candidate must be able to communicate with project team members, peers, and leadership to assess changes and demonstrate iterative progress.
The position will include a variety of activities, including:
- Develop scripts, custom code for automated deployment & maintenance of AWS cloud based systems
- Create Jenkins automated pipeline builds and deployments
- Demonstrate experience with/understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment best practices
- Patch and maintain servers and cloud resources
- Configure middleware products, such as Tomcat, Apache, MySQL
- Configure audit logging and retention
- Work with systems engineers and architects to specify and design of new systems
- Use Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques for software development
- Develop technical documentation and briefing materials for PM-directed program status reviews, control gates, etc.
- Provide demonstrations and detailed walk through of features to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with configuring and maintaining AWS resources, including CloudFormation, EC2, Security Groups, S3, RDS MySQL
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience writing custom puppet modules
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience creating Jenkins pipeline builds
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience writing bash scripts
- Minimum of 15 years of experience administrating linux based systems
- Demonstrated on-the-job-experience participating in Agile software development teams using scrum techniques
- Object Oriented Programming background using Java or Ruby
- Experience supporting Java based software development projects
- Experience supporting Java build processes including ANT/Maven/Groovy/Gradle
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience installing/configuring/maintaining a Kubernetes cluster
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience installing/configuring/maintaining a Splunk cluster
- Demonstrated on the job experience with sponsor’s policies, security practices, regulations, and standards
- Experience with writing Jenkins pipelines using Groovy.
Certifications (not required but encouraged):
- AWS (Architect, DevOps)
Restless Software provides highly skilled technologists and creative solutions to clients in both the private and public sectors. At Restless Software our goal is to provide top notch resources to fit your technological needs whether it be cloud migration, mobile applications, or highly skilled Systems Engineers.