G11 is a unique company with a hiring model designed to attract the best and brightest in their field. G11 seeks to pair high quality candidates with impactful positions and to provide them opportunities to continue growing in their field. At G11 we believe that the employee experience is the most important aspect to creating successful work environments. We believe in a holistic approach to hiring. You are not just a list of bullet points, but a valuable asset with unique contributions. G11 believes in dreamers and works to facilitate dreams. We believe in working with you, not you working for us.
Are you a Java engineer seeking a new opportunity? Want to work in an environment that directly supports our nation’s defense? Are you passionate about shaping junior engineers? Then continue reading.
G11 is actively seeking a Java engineer SME. Responsibilities include deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet customer needs.
The ideal candidate will have experience in architecting and building services securely in the cloud. They will have a passion for building highly scalable and reliable cloud services and systems. You will lead the technical responsibilities and guide the vision of the architecture. Innovation will not be squandered here. You will provide direct input into requirements, architectural design, resource management, as well as testing and integration into operations. This is an agile environment so you will work alongside other talented engineers and provide mentoring to those new up and coming developers. This is a fast-paced work environment. Communication and writing skills are highly desirable.
A TS/SCI with a Full Scope Poly is required for this position.
We hate reducing the needs to a list of bullet points, but it still is the best way to ensure we squeeze in all the needed buzzwords.
Experience with Web Based Technologies
- Building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Map Reduce, Spark, etc.
Experience with Cloud Development and Security
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, C4, C5, C3, M3, M4, T2)
- Test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
- PKI technology
- Knowledge of STIG implementation in cloud environments
- Providing secure coding techniques
- Experience developing distributed/scalable systems
Other Technical Requirements
- Implement integrations requested by customers
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Experience with Hudson, CloudFormation, TerraForm, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc.
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT
- 10 Years of experience
- Ability to lead and mentor groups of developers
- BS Degree in computer science; MS Degree is preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- TS/SCI w/ Full scope polygraph
G11 is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are made with no regard to color, race, national origin, religion, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. G11